Wednesday, October 5, 2016

This Crazy Life tour: Christie Lamb

Christie Lamb is already an experienced performer, having been picked by Lee Kernaghan to join his tour in 2015/16. Earlier this year she received a very significant Golden Guitar award, and she's about to join The Wolfe Brothers and a host of others on the This Crazy Life tour. The first time I interviewed Christie we had a bad phone line - she kindly agreed to answer questions by email instead.


This tour is going to be high-energy - are you ready to match the Wolfe Brothers at their own game?
Haha! I am used to being on tour with The Wolfe Brothers as we all open, and are part of the band for Lee Kernaghan. We are very good mates and the energy bounces off all of us when we play together, so I'm excited to start the tour.

You won CMAA Best New Talent earlier this year – what did that award mean to you and does it bring any pressure?
Winning the Golden Guitar 'Best New Talent' meant the world to me! It is the highest honour and biggest deal to all country music performers. It was my tenth year at the festival and to receive it from Lee Kernaghan was an absolute dream come true. The only pressure I have is from myself. I am in the process of releasing a new album and as an artist usually does, I would like this one to be bigger than the last!

You've played to huge crowds at festivals, and you've played in clubs and pubs on tours such as that with Aleyce Simmonds and Amber Lawrence. Do you have a preferred size of audience?
I think its really hard to beat the vibe of a festival – I love festivals!! Although every size show has its advantages from being intimate and acoustic to a full rocking band. I just try to adjust my set to fit the show venue and size and connect with each audience the best I can.

Which do you prefer: performing or recording? And why?
I would have to say each of the above is VERY different! I love rocking out with a big band to a festival crowd and feeling the vibe of the crowd, to be honest you can't beat it. With recording I am always thinking of the emotion of the song and trying to give a good technical performance also, but I do love the results and trying new things and vocally stretching myself. Hearing my songs 'come to life' is very special, but seeing people's reactions live I think wins!
  
What can your This Crazy Life tour audiences look forward to – any new songs?
The audience can look forward to a great show with a different taste of country genres from 7 acts, a mini festival of fun modern country. I will be singing a couple of favourites plus something brand new from my upcoming album.


THIS CRAZY LIFE TOUR DATES
Friday 7 October 2016 | 8pm
Wrest Point Entertainment Centre, HOBART TAS
1300 795 257 | www.tixtas.com.au

Saturday 8 October 2016 | 8pm
Hotel Tasmania, LAUNCESTON TAS
1300 795 257 | www.tixtas.com.au

Friday 14 October 2016 | 8.30pm
Kay Street Entertainment Complex, TRARALGON VIC
(03) 5176 0463 | www.kayst.oztix.com.au

Saturday 15 October 2016 | 7.30pm
The Palms at Crown, MELBOURNE VIC

Friday 21 October 2016 | 8pm
Evan Theatre, Penrith Panthers, PENRITH NSW
(02) 4720 5555 | www.penrith.panthers.com.au

Saturday 22 October 2016 | 8.30pm
Wests New Lambton, NEWCASTLE NSW
(02) 4935 1200 | www.westsnewcastle.com.au

Friday 28 October 2016 | 8pm
Twin Towns Services Club, TWEED HEADS NSW
1800 014 014 | www.twintowns.com.au

Saturday 29 October 2016 | 8pm
Empire Theatre, TOOWOOMBA QLD
1300 655 299 | www.empiretheatre.com.au

No comments: